The 5-hour ENERGY® presented by Kenda Racing Team was the top Continental squad at three UCI-sanctioned stage races in 2013, Amgen Tour of California, Vuelta a Castilla y León and Tour of Alberta. The Team chalked up more than 30 podium finishes and awards this past season with races in three countries.
The 2014 road racing season began in November with 5-hour ENERGY’s Bobby Sweeting as the top American at two UCI Asia Tour events - ninth on G.C. at the Tour of Taihu Lake and 14th spot at Tour of Nanjing. Following winter training camp in Georgia, sprinter Jake Keough grabbed second place on the final stage of the Vuelta Mexico.
Director Sportif Frankie Andreu is confident about his 11-man roster for the 2014 racing season. The team is looking for top placements on G.C. for NRC events, as well as individual stage wins. Joining Keogh as a new member of the team is climbing specialist and G.C. threat Chad Beyer. Other new acquisitions include Continental riders Bruno Langlois (Canada), Gavin Mannion, Jon Hornbeck and Sam Bassetti. The sixth-year U.S.-based UCI Continental team has five riders returning from 2013 - Christian Parrett, Taylor Shelden, Jim Stemper, Bobby Sweeting, and David Williams. Sweeting finished sixth overall at the 2013 Tour of Alberta.
Follow the Team in 2014
Twitter: @5hourEnergyTeam (#5HEcycling)
Facebook: 5-hour Energy presented by Kenda Racing Team
- Bobby Sweeting (26, Asheville, N.C.)
- Bruno Langlois (34, Matane, Quebec)
- Chad Beyer (27, Tucson, Ariz.)
- Christian Parrett (23, Macon, Ga.)
- David Williams (25, Grand Rapids, Mich.)
- Gavin Mannion (22, Dedham, Mass./Austin, TX)
- Jake Keough (26, Sandwich, Mass.)
- Jim Stemper (28, Wauwatosa, Wisc./ Jackson,Wyo.)
- Jon Hornbeck (24, Murrieta, Calif.)
- Sam Bassetti (22, San Geronimo, Calif.)
- Taylor Shelden (26, Breckenridge, Colo.)